Monday, September 15, 2014

Happy 6th Birthday to Our "Miss Ivy LaRue"

Six years ago today, early in the morning, I shared in the most amazing experience of my life, aside from the births of my 2 children.  My precious Ivy arrived in the wee hours, while her brothers slept in the next room.  It could not have played out more perfect.  I was never so proud of my daughter.  Just the thought of a Home Birth in the beginning makes you a little nervous, but, after researching and learning about how safe they are, the nerves were gone.  I was so surprised I was so calm.  Steph knew what she was doing and I had so much faith in her.  The memory is still fresh in my mind and I hope it will be when I'm 90 years. 
I mailed her presents and she received them 3 days before her birthday.  Grampy and I watched her open them up via Skype.  She was so happy with all her treasures.  The next day she was surprised with a Barbie Dream House from her mom & dad.  She has been celebrating for 4 days now. 
Today, I send Love and Birthday wishes to Ivy LaRue Precourt.  She wears a smile like a happy sunshine.  She looks just like her mommy did at her age.  I see big and great things ahead for this energetic little girl.  I can't wait to play Barbie's and cards with her next month when I go for a visit.  I am taking extra vitamins to keep up with her. 

1 comment:

Bacardi Mama said...

I remember so well when she was born. I thought that Steph was very brave. Happy Birthday sweet Ivy! I am so happy you get to go see them again next month. xoxo