Thursday, June 15, 2017

My dear sweet Mother earned her wings...

It was Sunday morning, June 4 @ 5:37 a.m. when I looked at a text from my nephew, Chad.  My sister, Diane had tried calling me earlier at 4:55 a.m. but my ringer was turned off.  I had a lump in my throat as I dialed my nephews number to call him back.  He answered and my Sis was on speaker and told me the dreaded news that mom had passed away in her sleep.  You are never prepared for "the call".  My mom had suffered with so many illnesses and hours before she passed she had a horrible cough.  My sister prayed with her and read the 23rd Psalm to her.  Mom fell asleep and so Diane felt it was ok to go to bed for a while.  Diane got up early that morning and passed by moms bed and noticed she wasn't breathing....Angels had carried her away...God answered our prayers to let mom go in her sleep....no struggle...She fell asleep and woke up in Heaven.  I'm sure our dad was there with open arms to greet her.
The hours that followed were filled with so many emotions...I walked around my house not knowing what to do next.  I just knew I needed to get to my sister as fast as I could.  Abby & Jack had spent the night, so, I was greeted by the biggest hug from Abby, with tears, she said "Mimi" it's going to be ok,  Mommal is in Heaven".    I made pancakes & bacon and carried on as mom would have wanted me to.  After they left, I kept checking flights to Lake Charles, Louisiana.  Mike told me to leave that night if I wanted to but I had too many things to wrap up before leaving.  I did manage to book a flight the next afternoon.
It was so good to finally give my sister a big hug when her and her grand-daughter, Madigan picked me up in Lake Charles at 10:00 p.m.
I was so thankful that I had visited mom in March and got to love on her.  Diane and I decided to pre-plan moms funeral while I was there, to be prepared when it did happen.  Thank God we did.
The next days were busy but we felt Peace and Comfort, knowing mom is in a much better place.
I have always been close to my sister and we are best friends, but, the closeness we felt during this time is hard to describe.  We held one another up...we were in agreement with every detail.  The Sister ship we have is very rare.  Nothing can separate us!
I can't thank my sister enough for the love and care she gave our mom the 2 and half years mom lived with her and Clark.  They treated her like a Queen and she didn't want for anything.
Moms funeral was on the following Wednesday and I flew back home on Friday...Steph and Ivy flew in right after me....we rode home together.  Mom was flown back home and we had her Graveside service on Saturday.  The weather was perfect.  Warm with a nice breeze.
Steph was my rock!  She made sure that I was taken care of and didn't over do it.  She loved her Mommal so much.  She did everything in her power to make the weekend special.  I can't thank her enough for her love and care.  Steph spoke from her heart at the service.  It was so special and gave the comfort I needed.  Ivy sang "You are my Sunshine"  ....I know that mom was smiling down so big.  A red tail hawk flew over as we were singing.  Lunch followed at a long time friends house.  We reminisced and had such a sweet time of fellowship.  I can't describe the feeling I felt seeing all the people who loved mom and supported me during this time.  Steph, Ivy and I went to put some finishing touches on the grave the morning they left to fly back to Oregon.  It was a whirlwind of a week.  I'm just trying to get things back to normal, if there is a normal.  I will miss my sweet momma so much, but watching her suffer with so many illnesses through the years broke my heart.  I see her when the white butterfly flitters around my yard...I feel her near when I get visits from the red cardinal that is at my bird feeder....She is all around and always in my heart.  I love you mom.

No comments: