Fooled you..........I bet you thought this was my home grown tomato........I stopped at the market on my way home from work and bought some. I just wanted to practice to see how it would look on my plant. Pretty soon, I will have my own home grown tomatoes......Here is my recipe for Fried Green Tomatoes for those interested.
1. Rinse off the green tomato, the larger the better.
2. Slice in 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices......the thicker they are the longer the cooking time.
3. Combine 1 egg and about 1 cup of milk, stir with fork until blended.
4. Combine flour and yellow cornmeal together, equal parts. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash or sea salt.
5. In non-stick frying pan, pour enough oil to measure about 1/2 inches. You can use Canola too.
6. Heat oil on medium heat.
7. dip tomato slices in egg and milk batter, then dip in flour & cornmeal mixture, place in pan.
8. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Usually done within 15 to 20 min.
9. Take out and place on paper towel to soak up oil.
10. They are delicious dipped in hidden valley ranch dressing or any of your favorite dips.
If you don't like to cook but want to try them, Bennigan's Restaurant has the best around.