Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Raspberry tea made me late for work

Have you ever had one of those mornings? I got ready for work this morning and had some extra time, so I made hubby his 100th gallon of his favorite drink, raspberry tea and put it in the frig. I had to get back in the frig and when I opened the door, the WHOLE gallon of raspberry tea (yes, red) fell on top of my feet, drenching my white sandals, flooding the kitchen floor in front of the frig and stove. I could not believe what I was seeing. I didn't know if I should grab the paper towels or shop vac or bath towels. I just soaked up as much as I could and most of it went under the appliances. I will have to deal with that after work today. I did put some cleaner on the walking area so our feet didn't stick to the floor. I guess it's a good excuse to pull out the appliances and do some cleaning. I am glad the gallon container was not glass, so I guess it could have been worse. My blind dog, Hank, was walking thru the river of red. After giving my feet a bath and cleaning my shoes, I was out the door for work. My boss laughed at my story. I am now on a mission to find the perfect gallon container since the bottom did get bent up. I've tried the pampered chef ones with the plungers but it is hard to clean. Anyone have a suggestion?

12 comments:

E said...

Oh bummer! I HATE when that happens! One time,Jack was thawing the Thanksgiving turkey in the fridge, I opened the door and the juices from the thawing turkey were all over the bottom of the fridge and in the produce drawers! What a mess!

The pampered chef pitchers are totally dishwasher safe. Did you know that?

Jen @ One Moms World said...

OH NO! I guess you can say no use crying over spilled tea hehe. So sorry that happened. I use a container I found at Wal-Mart that uses a flip top lid. I believe its made by rubbermaid. I really like it.

Bacardi Mama said...

Oh you poor thing. I use half gallon containers because I am way to big of a klutz to use a gallon one. I'll email you directions to the house soon. The sale is Saturday. I can't wait to see you.

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

Ohhhhh... I was cringing as I was reading this, and hoping the container wasn't glass. Thank God it wasn't. During the winter, we had my mom for dinner one Sunday and Barry was making Rice-a-Roni in a skillet with a glass cover that doesn't fit properly. Well, he took that skillet off the burner to move it and the cover slid off and went crashing to the floor. Shattered. What a disaster. I have these great plexiglass kind of containers that look like glass... and they have really tight covers. I got them at Sam's Club years ago. Oh, I hope your cleaning up went well... I'm thinking about you!!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Oh, that stinks! I'm with Jen - Rubbermaid pitchers work well!

chrissy said...

That totally stinks, I was so thankful to read it wasn't glass! Unfortunately, I haven't any suggestions, I need some good drink containers too!

Lisa said...

Poor Rhonda! I have had way too many days like that lately. I'm glad your sandals weren't ruined.
I made 'Arnold Palmer Tea' by the gallon, and I use a cheap rubbermaid pitcher we've had for years.

Amanda + Michael said...

The exact same thing happened to me the other night, except I was late for bed instead of work, lol.

Mrs. Cline said...

Oh no! I hate cleaning out under the appliances. I know it has to be done, but ugh. It is such a pain!

I don't have any good suggestions, I too am finding it hard to clean my Pampered Chef with the plunger thing!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a bummer. This summer has been so crazy that I have not visited some of my favorite blogs often. I always enjoy stopping by yours. Have a Happy Sunday! I have a giveaway going through Monday morning.

Anonymous said...

oh no mimi! i hope the hunt for the new gallon pitcher is a success. i'm not a lot of help here in the suggestions. i'm a college student so i'd get something cheap and it'd probably break and i'd have to re-read this post to see what you did, haha - can't wait to meet you at the sale this saturday!

It's a Beautiful Ride said...

Oh, you poor thing!

I don't have a suggestion for a new pitcher, but for cleaning it I do!!!!!!!!!

Throw some ice in the pitcher with some table salt. Swirl it around with the plunger inside. I usually use a 1/4 c. of salt and load up on the ice. Maybe a cup or 2? This trick works as an abrasive.

I do this in my coffee pot every once in a while to remove the coffee stains.

Hopefully it works for you!!!