Friday, April 16, 2010

afternoon of pampering

I had planned a day of riding the train into the city and just walking and window shopping and soaking up the surroundings of one of my favorite city's, Chicago. Since it was my day off, I really needed a ME day and thought that would be a perfect thing to do, but, while at Curves this morning, I looked out at the sky and the dark clouds and thought it might not be the perfect day to go downtown. So, I thought, why not go visit my parents and it would be a perfect time to help my mom clean her closets out that she had been wanting me to help with. So, I surprised them and my mom was happy to get this done. We made piles for the Goodwill and storage piles. My mom had clothes with tags still on them, but she insists she will wear them someday. I even got a few things I could wear out of the deal. After we finished with the closets, my dad needed help with a computer issue, so I helped him with that.
Then my mom asked me if she could treat me to a pedicure, since she had wanted to get one, and a manicure. Of course, I said yes. We had a wonderful afternoon of pampering. I think it was a great day off spent wisely and I did get some ME time in too. Oh, and I did manage to throw a load of clothes in the washer AND make a pan of chicken roll ups in between.

6 comments:

E said...

Love your crock flops. Mine broke last year! Time to get a new pair! I love the pink you chose, too!

Bacardi Mama said...

Okay, you've mentioned the chicken roll ups twice in a week. I want the recipe please. I love the color you picked. Also, please send me your address. I have a surprise for you.

chrissy said...

Sounds to me like it was a perfect day off! Accomplishment, rest and loving on family! NICE!!

Stillmary said...

What a perfect, productive day where you still got some pampering in. I love it. And I know your mom (and dad) did too. BTW, I'm still waiting for that recipe on your blog!
Also great nail pics!

Jen @ One Moms World said...

I love this! Such sweet memories you are creating.

It's a Beautiful Ride said...

I love the time and energy you spend with your parents! In a way I live vicariously through you, but in the same I hope that my kids will do the same for me one day too! I try and be the mom that they'll want to spend time with at any age!

How awesome for you! And them!!!!!