Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Feeling the love

I never thought in a million years that being a grandparent would feel like this. First of all, It is still hard to believe that I have been a "mimi" for 9 years already. I have "6" beautiful grand kids who love me unconditionally. I can have my sloppiest clothes on, no make-up and bed head and I am greeted the same way, as if I had on my Sunday Best. I wish we ALL could see through the eyes of a child. They don't see our flaws. They don't see our imperfections.
They love like No other. They get excited over the smallest things. All they really want is our Time, Attention, Lap, Hug, Smile, Eyes to read....tender voice and a praise every now and then. Oh, and I forgot to mention, a purse with little surprises. I have learned so much from my SIX wonders.....they inspire me! They are my heart! I don't want to let them down. I want to create memories that they can share with their kids some day. Life is good.

7 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

These are great photos!

Steph

E said...

Children are a gift from the Lord for sure, and so are you!

Bacardi Mama said...

We think so much alike sometimes. There is nothing better than being a grandparent, is there?

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

YOU ARE that special, awesome, all-loving and all-giving MIMI... and every day, every word, every hug, every surprise is a great, great memory! xo!

JackeeG4glamorous said...

So true!!! You are so blessed- and more so because you recognize it and are thankful for it.

Sandra said...

I also have six grandchildren, although older than yours. I have always said that grandchildren are the frosting on the cake. The love for grandchildren is one of those things you can't explain -- you just have to experience it. And it's great!

I read several of your posts about them and enjoyed it all. :)

Buy Extenze said...

They are my heart! I don't want to let them down. I want to create memories that they can share with their kids some day. Life is good.