Thursday, December 9, 2010

The wee little chairs


Once in a while I like going to the half price sale at our local Goodwill store. You never know what treasures you might find. Last year I found this adorable white round table with 2 chairs "For the size of a doll to sit in" and it was brand new, still in the box. Who would have known it would be the biggest hit at Mimi & Grampa's house? All the grand kids love to sit in the wee little chairs and have a tea party with their favorite bear, brother or sister. It amazes me how strong these little chairs are. They have been put through a lot of abuse. The table has a habit of tipping over and it is still holding up too.
I babysat for Jack last week and was looking to see where he ran off to and found him in the dining room playing tea party, sitting in the little chair. It reminds me of the story "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" when I see each one sit in the tiny chair. I hold my breath that it doesn't break down.
Abby & Jack stopped by a few nights ago and the first thing they wanted to do was have a tea party and sit in the wee little chairs.
I hope they hold up for my Great Grand kids....

3 comments:

E said...

I love the memories of grandparent's house! So sweet and special.

chrissy said...

adorable! They are so cute sitting in their tiny chairs!!

Sharon - MomGenerations said...

This table & chairs set is beyond wonderful! Isn't it the most fun when something becomes so very special!? Abby's hair is BEAUTIFUL! From whom did she get her raven, silky should-be-in-a-commercial hair!!??