Thursday, November 17, 2011

Happy 77th Birthday mom!

This picture was actually taken on my moms 76th Birthday last year, but I thought she turned 77. I made her the cake and put the 2 # 7's on the cake and nothing was said. My mom even thought she was 77. My daughter, Steph pointed out to me that if she was born in 1934, she will be 77 this year. Duh! So it was like getting a bonus year.
My mom is very special to me. I've watched her go thru many health issues and she deals with pain 24/7 in her back and legs. She also deals with a major hearing loss. My mom is a strong lady. She was a very hard worker and helped support our family while I grew up along with my sister and brother. She was the best cook around and we never wanted for anything. She always put herself above others. My wish for her today is to be free of pain and enjoy the ones around her who dearly love her. We will take her out for dinner at a local Mexican Restaurant to Celebrate and have yummy Designer Desserts Cupcakes, thanks to Steph. I'm just thankful my mom is around for another Birthday and I know my dad is with her today. Happy 77th Birthday mom!

5 comments:

E said...

Happy bday to your momma!

Bacardi Mama said...

Tell your mom I said Happy Birthday! I'll see you on Sunday.

Jen @ One Moms World said...

Her smile says it all! Happy Happy Birthday to your Mom :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, she looks younger today than that day last year! I love her new 'do'!

Carolyn Vaughn said...

One of the days last week, Dr. Oz had info about a Pulse Electromagnetic Pain Therapy device that seemed to work for people with chronic pain. The main thing for this is that it pulse not static. There were several different devices ranging from $2000 (out of my reach), one that was $450 and an Actipatch that was $29.99 available from Amazon (if ordered from Actipatch the shipping was $14.95 but shipping is free from Amazon. You might just look on DrOz.com and find the video to see the segment.