Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Winning at Life

I feel like such a slacker. I have neglected my blog and that does not make me happy. I know you don't want to hear how it's been hard to know what to write lately. I don't pick up my camera like I use to and that makes me sad. I want to capture all the special moments of being a Mimi again. It's coming up on 9 months that my dad passed away. I spend most weekends helping my mom out and stop every morning before work and make our breakfast and sometimes go after work to take her dinner. I feel the need to check on her often. I don't know what I would do without my husband, Mike. He has been there for Mom and I and stepped up making sure things are running properly around her house. My dad would be so proud.
I love this picture of Carter at his first Bears game with his dad. I have it as my background on my computer. It puts a smile on my face.
Veterans day is coming up. I have plans to dig up a little dwarf size Norfolk pine tree from my parents backyard and plant it on my dads grave. My dad planted a row of Norfolk pine trees years ago and there is one little dwarf one that hasn't grown much. As much as he loved those trees, my sister had an idea to plant it on his grave. So, what better day to do this than Veterans Day, since my dad was a Veteran.
Family will gather and we will plant it. I want the great-grand kids to have a part in planting. I want to hang little flag ornaments on the tree after it is planted.
I will share pictures of the little tree.
If you are a follower of mine, thank you for hanging in there with me. I promise I am coming back full time pretty soon.....I have my camera ready to start snapping pictures of my favorite little people.

1 comment:

E said...

You have been missed!