Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Missing my sister

Last week was such a Blurr, but one thing I won't forget is how my sister became my nurse and with her tender loving care, brought me thru a storm. 
She ended up flying with my mom to bring her back home when I had to cancel my flight plans due to a colon infection and ulcerative colitis flare up.  My moms house was my hospital and Diane was my nurse.  I wasn't able to eat much and was trying to find foods that I could tolerate.  Diane made me a pot of her homemade chicken & dumplins and that was just what the dr. ordered.  After eating the first few bites, I felt the healing begin.  We spent each morning meditating and listening to Praise and Worship music, while Diane exercised on the bike, I relaxed on the comfy chair beside her.  I soaked in the positive energy I needed for my healing.  It was so comforting with my sister there.  I can't begin to explain how much better it was being there than in a hospital, which the dr. at one point was going to have me go.  I fought it and knew that I could heal better at my moms.  Company came and went thru the week and it was like I was being visited in the hospital.  I was able to get out some when I felt good enough and one of the highlights of the week was going to Marshall's with Diane, Steph and my mom.  We had a Pretty Women style show in the dressing room.  I found the perfect summer little black dress with a cute cover up to wear to 2 weddings this summer.   Diane found a whole new wardrobe and Steph found some good bargains also.  It was a great afternoon that started with lunch at Panera (love their cream of chicken & wild rice soup).  My mom who usually does not have the strength to shop, even shopped.  She had her walker to rest when her legs got tired.  We ended the trip by going by Designer Desserts to pick up a key lime pie cup cake to take home. 
So, thanks to Diane's chicken & dumplin's and lots of prayer, I am starting to feel like I am among the living again.  It might also have to do with the medication my dr. prescribed, but I do give God the Glory!  And I really Miss my Sister!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you too Sis! So glad that you are feeling better! You had us all worried 'bout you . . . please take good care of yourself and stress-less! Love you, Diane

Bacardi Mama said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I'm also glad that you got to have your sister to take care of you and help you to feel better. I'm so excited to be able to see you on May 10th. Can't wait.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I hated to see her leave mostly for you. I wish she could still be here.

Steph

As We Sail... said...

I didn't know you were so sick. glad you were better for LTYM, you looked good. glad to see you again.