Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Friday night around the chimenea

Last Friday evening after work was a nice, quiet time sitting with hubby around his new toy...the Chimenea. He was looking forward to this all week. We have lots of wood to burn and it really makes him happy to sit around a fire and relax. I sat with a blanket on my lap and our 2 doxie dogs. We talked about our week and just enjoyed one another's company. I looked up and even saw a few stars in the sky. It's the simple things in life that make us happy. That's him in the background burning tree stumps. We had a tree growing on our fence making it lean.

2 comments:

chrissy said...

That's my favorite place to be at night, by a fire!
I think it's so perfect that your pic shows your hubby still busy, exactly as my hubby would be, sit for a minute, move for 10 min, sit and move!

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

That sounds like a perfect Friday night. We should all take a lesson from you... stop and take in the stars! They've always been there, just asking us to gaze up and enjoy their splendor...