Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I can't shop early for Christmas presents!

I admit it, I have NO self control....This is why I don't like to shop early for Christmas! I babysat Abby on Saturday morning and she just looked so cute and was so sweet, I just had to give her this special gift I had put up for Christmas. She wanted these doggies with the carrying bag when she spotted them at the store, so her daddy told me. I got them for her to put up but gave in and made this little girl so happy! Well, I can justify it, cause I had gotten the other grand kids winter coats that I happen to find on sale at Carson's last week, so I couldn't leave her out. So, I will be going Christmas shopping the week of Christmas for my grand kids.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's any consulation, I did the same thing when Corbin & Madigan were her age! I'm a sucker when it comes to making those grandbabies happy. I guess because they make us so happy!

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

You're SUPPOSED to be a great big sucker... that's the beauty of being a grandmother! Haven't we been waiting to break all the rules!? I think that's the sweetest thing to do for that most sweetest of smiles! And I'm sure you'll do it again! (But I will admit that it is imperative to stay away from toy aisles until right before Christmas!) The temptation is just too strong... !

Carolyn Vaughn said...

Well you could hide the presents at someone else's house so it would be more difficult to give in to temptation - but not as much fun.

Sarah said...

I'm like that too. I want to give people their gifts as soon as I get them. I almost don't even wait to wrap them!

chrissy said...

exactly why my husband doesn't do the Christmas shopping in our house and I hide and even wrap early! He gets so excited to give a gift he found for someone it never makes it to Christmas! Just like you! The look on her cute lil face, is worth it!

Cheffie-Mom said...

I love it!! That's what Mimi's are for!!

mommy boo of two said...

Husband and I are bad about that with each other!