Friday, October 30, 2009


I FEEL LIKE A NEW WOMEN
I went to the Doctor on Monday this week for results of blood work and blood pressure/weight check. I was not feeling well and when she listened to me breath, she ordered a breathing treatment and chest x-ray. She told me I had bronchitis and gave me my treatment plan. First of all, I love my female doctor. She really takes her job to heart. She spends a lot of time with each patient. She told me all my tests were perfect, including a perfect mamogram. I had maintained my weight from my last visit 8 weeks ago, which she was puzzled by. I am suppose to be losing. After looking at my food journal, she told me what I need to cut out of my diet and see if that helps. Too many carbs! She told me to rest and not go to work the next day.
Well, this was a blessing in a way cause during the day off it was like a lightbulb being turned on in my head. I had time to relax and reflect.
I will make better food choices, I will get healthy, I will not get diabetes, I will not have knee problems, I will not have high blood pressure.
I need a group setting exercise program, I need people motivating me. After years of praying that one day I will start back on the road to a better me, IT CLICKED in my brain.
I decided to join Curves. I use to be a member 5 years ago but I let other things get in the way and didn't stick with it. They have a whole new program called Curves Smart and at my work out last night I know I made the right choice for me. I have a personal trainer until I am comfortable with the machines. It is the type of workout I can handle. They encourage you to go at least 3 times a week. I am so pumped up and excited to start back on this weight loss journey, I feel like I am bubbling over. My mind is clear and I have a goal. I am not a failure. I am going to start taking care of ME. Stay tuned!

12 comments:

mommy boo of two said...

Congrats on excellent test results. And good for you on taking such positive steps to a healthier lifestyle. Stay focused and I know you'll do great!

E said...

I am proud of you, and I believe in you. You can do this!

Carolyn Vaughn said...

You are right - take care of yourself for yourself. You need to take care of you before you can take care of anyone else. Do whatever you need to do to stick with it. You will succeed.

Bacardi Mama said...

Go Rhonda!!! I'm so proud of you. The only way to get healthy and active is to do it for you and nobody else. Great choices. Did I say how proud I am of you???

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

I am so, so happy for you! I joined Curves oh, about 6 years ago when I needed a boost and a start... and I LOVED it. The machines were so friendly and the people were wonderful. I shifted weight from not so good placed to good places and I got so much stronger. When we moved, I didn't join the one near me now, but you've given me a great inspiration to head on down and sign up!! I can actually WALK to my Curves!! I am also happy that you took the time to check with your doctor and are on the mend!! You sound so GREAT!! Glad you're back... missed you!!

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you too Sis! I want it to click with me very soon! I need some motivation!

Lisa said...

Well done! Did she tell you that you could exercise with the bronchitis? Curious because I have it too, and despite being on antibiotics, I wear out very quickly. I hope you get well soon!
Btw- carbs are my 'thing' too. If I could cut some carbs out of my diet, I'd be in much better shape.

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

I'm thinking about you in this new month with your extraordinary focus! xo!

Jen @ One Moms World said...

I'm so ecstatic for you! You can do this and I am pulling for you all the way. So proud of the steps you are taking. Big Big KUDOS!!!

As We Sail... said...

Proud of you woman! Wish I had the get-up-and-go.

chrissy said...

Yay!! You rock!!

Sarah said...

Good luck with your quest, and hope you get over your bronchitis!