Tuesday, September 21, 2010

30 Minutes

Have you ever thought about how much you can get done in 30 minutes? This morning as I woke up and jumped out of bed at 5:30a.m. and put on my workout clothes to be at Curves by 6:00 a.m., I started thinking, I plan my day a lot of times in 30 min. intervals. It took 30 minutes for my workout, then it was back home to start making lasagna for dinner tonight, which only took me 30 minutes to assemble. (really). I had 30 minutes to get ready for work and out the door. I made it! I allow myself 30 minutes to get to work, which only takes about 20 minutes.
So, what do you get done in 30 minutes?

5 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

I get some of my best workouts done in 30 minutes. Some of my best dinners too. And of course lovin on the grandkids for 30 minutes is the best!

E said...

Hmmm....blogging haha, no that takes longer!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I'll have to time myself- definitely the dishes if it's a full sink.

Steph

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

30 minutes, huh? I will make it part of my day to really concentrate on 30 minute intervals. I often TIME myself when doing chores around the house just to prove to myself that making the bed, emptying the dishwasher, folding laundry, cleaning the bathroom, etc. really take less time than I thought. I will say that 30 minutes is about a 3-mile run, give or take a bit depending upon my knees and legs and attitude!! And 30 minutes, I know for sure, is a great baking time for good old codfish... which I'm having for dinner tonight. I also remember when Audrey was living in NYC and Janie was going to Bowdoin College in Maine... and sometimes Barry and I would drive from one place to the other on a weekend to visit our girls... and we counted off lots of 30 minute intervals!! And 2 years ago, I changed hairdressers because my "old" one was a 30 minute drive and I just couldn't take it anymore. My "new" one is 2 minutes from our house. You've given me lots to think about today, dear Rhonda!!

chrissy said...

I clean the kitchen in 30 min. Or I get dressed for work. But for motivation I break it down even more, each task I tell myself "5 min to fold a load of laundry" or "it'll only take 5 minutes to unload/load the dishwasher"! Otherwise, nothing gets done!