Thursday, November 25, 2010

Give Thanks with a grateful heart!

I struggled at what I would say on this Thanksgiving Day. This week has been one of the most stressful weeks in my family. Without going into details, I learned that even in your darkest of times and situations, we have a Heavenly Father above, with a heart full of mercy and a heart full of Love. He really cares when our head is bowed low. He picks us up when we fall. When the situation seems hopeless, he encourages us to never give up hope. As my tears flow off my face this morning, my heart is so heavy. I just have to remember and keep saying to myself, it's all in God's timing, not ours. We don't understand why chain of events happen and we can question ourselves and wonder why didn't we do this or that, or say this or that. I've learned that I want to be in God's will. I don't want to open my mouth to speak if it is not positive speaking. I want to stop and LISTEN.
Don't get me wrong, I am so very Thankful for the many blessings that God has given me. I am Thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am Thankful for my husband, family & friends. I am Thankful for a wonderful job and the best Boss & co-workers anyone could ask for. I am Thankful I have a home and all the comforts I need.
I am Thankful that I can count on special blogging friends who I have never met face to face, lift me up when I am down. Pray with me. You know who you are.
Today as we sit down with family members around a beautiful table, let's Give Thanks with a Grateful heart.

4 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

I'm so sorry your heart is heavy this Thanksgiving day. I'm hear to listen if you need to unload some of the burden. Just email. We are home till about 2:30. On this special day, I thank God that I made a very special friend when I started blogging almost two years ago. XOXO Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sis! I love you!
Diane

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

One word: AMEN. Just like Nancy said, any time EVER you need to talk, cry, vent, scream, laugh... just email or message. Our almighty God does take care of things, sometimes in his own time and not on our schedule... but that's why He gives us friends. LOVE YOU, dear, dear friend. xoxox

E said...

I am sothankful we can trust that our Father is in control.