Wednesday, February 22, 2012

No more balloons



I am turning over a new leaf this year. You see, I've had this sickness that I think every Birthday party requires balloons. I stress over this and my sister thinks I'm nuts. I guess I've always thought that a party isn't a party without some balloons. My favorite party store closed down last year and left me trying to find another place to get balloons for a reasonable price. I was in mourning when they closed. When we were decorating for my dad's 80th Birthday party last year I was insistent on getting balloons. My sister laughed at me. She understands my sickness. I overstress and sweat the small stuff. While my sister has been visiting this week we talked about my balloon sickness. She kept repeating "No More Balloons". As my grand kids are growing up I would be the one to bring the balloons to the party. But, I am turning over a new leaf and hanging up my balloon sickness. No one else cares, so why should I? You spend that money and within hours they shrink or pop. I'm making less stress in my life. No More Balloons!

3 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

You are too funny. That's why I love you.

E said...

Love it. I have this philospohy on cards...I don't buy cards anymore because most people just throw them away.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Sis! "No more balloons . . . no more stress"! Just makes good cents (sense)!!!
Love you,
Diane