Monday, February 27, 2012

My sisters gentle touch

I cherish this picture of my Sister and myself. It was taken last week when she came home for a visit. She was so excited to wake up to fresh snow 3 mornings while she was home. This morning, I had to go to work and she was out building a little snowman on the porch of moms house. I wish now that I would have taken the time to build one with her. It was the best week. I took a few vacation days to spend as much time with her as possible. I spent the nights with her and mom. It was like a week long slumber party. I'm so glad I have an understanding husband. My sister and I use to share a canopy bed while growing up. We shared a bed while she was here. We both had to wear ear plugs because of all the snoring that goes on. I told her that she is a prim and proper snorer, while I am a bulldozer snorer. One night I guess I was snoring extra loud and it filtered through her ear plug and she gently touched my arm to have me turn over. Her touch reminded me of the night when our dad had passed away and I was secretly crying on my pillow, but she knew it and gently touched my arm and I immediately felt comforted. We have a sister bond that I am so thankful for. She's my rock. I miss her terribly.

2 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I wish we all didn't have to be so far apart. I love the scarf you bought, too.

Steph

Anonymous said...

awe Rhonda . . . you're my rock . . . I'm so glad we have each other to lean on! Thanks for being there for me! I love you more than you will ever know!
Diane