Thursday, May 17, 2012

Carter is on a WINNING team! Da Bulls...

I was like a crazy lady standing and throwing arms up in the air when they came back from losing to winning....
My grandson, Carter, started playing on the Valparaiso American Little League Team "Bulls".  They had their 5th game last night and it was a nail biter.  We were losing 4 to 1 until the magic happened after Mia, the only girl on his team, caught a fly ball and then the mood changed and it gave the Bulls the energy they needed to come from behind and win the game.  Balls were flying and little people were running and the next thing we knew, we were ahead in the game.  The other team was last to bat and they still had a chance to score and win, but even though one walk was given, the next 3 up struck out....What a sweet win!  The Bulls are now at 5 wins and 0 losses.  He is on a great team.  I really admire his coaches because I never hear a voice raised and all I hear is encouragement.  And it's OK to strike out, cause if you swing and give it all you got, at least you tried.  I'm a very proud Mimi when I sit in my black bleacher chair....I know that Carter is loving what he's doing and he is a born baseball player.  GO BULLS!

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

This is so sweet. I'm going to make sure Carter reads this today!!

Steph