Sunday, January 6, 2008

"My Daughter's 31st Birthday Party"

Stephanie Ruth Wilson was born on January 8, 1977 at 5:17 p.m, weighing in at 7 lbs 1 oz, 21 inches long......YES, also Elvis Presley's birthday. She was going to be named "Tiffany" but seconds after she was born, I looked into her eyes and saw that she was a "Stephanie". I asked Mike if he liked that name and he said yes, and her name was changed just like that!
I had her a Family Birthday dinner celebration last night. I was so proud of the meal I prepared that took me most of the day to time everything to have ready by 5:00. I made steak & bean burritos with ALL the trimmings. Let me tell you, if you are looking for Great Salsa and Guacamole, go to Costco. It is by far the best and cheapest. I made spanish rice and at the
request of hubby, a pistachio torte.
Steph was never a cake lover, so she requested that I make my famous Lemon Bars. As you can see by the picture, I stacked them on a cake plate and added the most adorable candles that looked like a present, party hat & piece of cake.
After dinner we visited and played with the kids and had a great time. The older boys "Jeff & Nate" got out the 3 large bins of legos and played at the dining room table. Noah & Carter love when "Unkie Nake" helps them build unique things with the legos that he had as a little boy.
Steph opened up her gifts and was very happy with them. I am glad everything went so well cause she is so deserving of a special day, just for her.
As a mother, I feel so blessed to have her as my daughter. I couldn't ask for more.
Doesn't she look amazing at almost "31"? Her and Jeff are the cutest couple. They both get better looking with age.

13 comments:

Crooked Eyebrow said...

Happy Early Birthday Steph!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Thanks, Mom. You are so sweet.

Steph

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

P.S. Your new look is so cheery. And the lemon bars are DEElish!

Steph

Ann(ie) said...

You are my kinda mom....a pile of lemon bars???? um, heaven!!

You have a gorgeous daughter...through and through.
Happy early birthday, Steph!

Unknown said...

What a great time, I've been missing having my mom around on my birthday. She does look great, and so do you! It must be the genes. :)

chrissy said...

WOW!!! Happy Birthday to Steph! Let me just say what an awesome mom you are and what a great celebration you put on, how awesome are you!! Can you throw me a party at the end of this month... I want to do it your way!!!

Glass Half Full said...

That's my girl!!! :) And I didn't know Steph shared Elvis' birthday -- that's cool!!!

Lori

Courtney said...

Happy birthday Steph and Mimi you can throw me a party anytime. My birthday is in May in case you want to start planning now.

Amy Plumb said...

Happy Birthday Steph, and it looks like your Mom did a great job with the party.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday, Steph! I totally agree with you on the salsa at Costco. It's the only kind we eat in this house.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I am having fun reading all these comments...

Steph

Anonymous said...

Beautiful
Happy Birthday

Chelf said...

My DH's birthday was Jan 9. He shares with a music legend, too. Joan Baez. (Didn't say we liked her...) And also Richard Nixon. He is 31 this year, too! Better yet, his name is Jeff.

Hope it was happy, Steph!