Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's the turtle's fault

Happy April 1st to all my Blogsters. My day started off on a healthy note this morning with my egg white omelet and turkey bacon, then lunchtime came and I ate my Healthy Choice meal. I can't stop thinking about my vacation in only 13 weeks where I will be on a beach surrounded by lots of bikini's and sipping dreamsicles with my sister...........................Then my boss puts a box of TURTLE CHOCOLATE candy on my desk. I opened the box and thought it wouldn't hurt to just take a peek, well, I found a turtle that was shaped like a turkey and I thought, turkey is a healthy food and before I knew it, I had eaten it! I didn't give myself time to think about what I was doing. So, I got the candy off my desk and didn't eat anymore. Talk about feeling weak! But, I didn't let it ruin the rest of my day. I guess an extra 20 minutes on the treadmill tonight was worth it. Confession is good for the soul!

5 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

Don't beat yourself up over it. Just get back on track. You'll be fine. I had a pretty good day, so far. I didn't give in to the birthday cupcakes this morning in class. All hell could break loose tonight though. You just never know.

Erin said...

Oh my, I could not have turned down turtles, either! Just think of this as a minor setback, you can do this!

Lisa said...

Don't deprive yourself of small treats. It sounds like you kept yourself in check and used moderation (you could've eaten the whole box!) Don't be too hard on yourself. I fell for those ginger-lemon cookies from Costco yesterday.

Mrs. Cline said...

Treats are okay every once in awhile! You can do it!

Ann(ie) said...

I'm impressed you didn't eat the whole box. My moments of weakness leads me to eating the whole box. *sigh*