Sunday, September 14, 2008

Baby Ivy is almost here!!!!

Steph's water broke about 6:00 pm tonight. Would you believe it broke while sitting at her computer? She called me and I almost had to swim to get to her house with all the flooding around. I did drive thru 3 small lakes. Steph is unbelievable! When I got to her house she was in the kitchen cleaning up, taking loads of laundry up and down the stairs, loving on her boys and was timing her contractions to decide when she should call her midwife over. Well, her midwife had problems driving with the floods but she did make it.
So far we have had a party waiting on the birth. Steph got out a bunch of munchies and would you believe she wanted me to go out and rent the movie "Baby Mama" with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler? She kissed the boys goodnight and we started watching the movie. Steph had very strong contractions but she would get up and either walk or get on the floor and work with them and relax.....I could not be more proud of my daughter than this evening. I will let you know when baby Ivy arrives. Thank you to everyone who is staying up with us tonight awaiting this miracle and praying.....
Oh, I forgot to mention, she even put on make-up in between contractions......

2 comments:

Crooked Eyebrow said...

Shut up!
She put make up on??

*steph* you are all ready beautiful!

Good luck!!!!

Erin said...

I love that she put on make up! Everyone made fun of me because after my water broke, I sat down to touch up my makeup, because hey, you gotta look good for those first photos. But something tells me Steph would look beautiful without a touch of makeup.:)