Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ike news

Good news to report. My sister didn't suffer any damage during hurricane Ike. She said she didn't sleep any the first night because the windows were shaking and wind howling and she tried to get her daughter to get in the tub with her just in case, but they ended up trying to sleep, which she didn't get much of. They ran 2 generators. She ended up going back to her home yesterday afternoon. The downtown area and where she works is flooded, so she will get tomorrow off. Thank you again for your prayers.
I think Ike has hit us since yesterday with all the flooding and it is still raining. I live over 1,000 miles from Texas, so what is this? Please pray that I can make it to Steph's house when she is ready to have the baby. They were closing roads yesterday afternoon due to flooding, so I might have to have a firetruck drive me or find a boat to her house. I just talked to her and she is really feeling a lot of pressure, so it won't be long. I am trying to prepare for my evacuation when she calls. Also, please pray that the midwife can make it thru the flooded streets. She lives about 15 minutes from Steph. I live about 20 minutes. It could be soon now. I will keep you posted.
Thanks for praying!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't that be a great story to tell this grandbaby, if you had to paddle a canoe to Steph's house for the baby's birth? Hopefully the water will drain. I remember those street flooding storms when we lived in Portage. The kids loved to play in them. If it stops raining, maybe the streets will drain quickly.

chrissy said...

We have a boat and a big truck, if you need, just callllllll! I think some of the streets are beginning to recide now, even if they did call off the schools for tomorrow. Wow, everyone could be there for the birth!

E said...

CONGRATS ON BABY IVY MAKING HER WAY INTO THE WORLD SOON! I love y'all!

Courtney said...

I'm so glad everything worked out.