Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rest in peace sweet camera

So, this was the last picture my dearly beloved Nikon Coolpix
camera took that chilly October day. I will paint the picture for you.........My dear (like sister) friend in the back and I went to our beautiful River walk (Lake Michigan) near our home for a walk on the trails. We stopped to take our picture, which I held my camera out on this one. I didn't like how big my face looked so I had her stand in the front on the next shot and hold the camera, which proved to be deadly for my beautiful pink camera. She dropped it with the lens zoom out. It fell on concrete and jammed the lens. Talk about someone feeling so bad, she was so upset at dropping it. I told her it was an accident and hopefully could be fixed. Well, it can't be fixed, so I am looking to buy a new one. She even offered to give me her camera. I learned that when you use or have someone else use your camera to make sure you or they use the handle for the wrist for safety. That's why they put it there.
So, this explains why you haven't seen new pictures of the grand kids lately. I really miss my camera so much. I am shopping around to replace it and this time get an extended warranty. I hope to have a new one by Thanksgiving. I think I will use this picture as my before picture....

6 comments:

Sharon - MomGenerations said...

Oh, Rhonda, that is the worst... not having a camera. It's like being naked! I've gone through 3 digital cameras (well, I let my granddaughter use one last Mother's Day at a seafood restaurant and melted butter spilled on it. It was an accident, but like you... OH, NO!!). I began to use my OLD one... it is OK but has no real zoom or great features, but at least it worked. Barry bought a new one for me a couple of weeks ago and he's been using... then he will teach me all the tricks of a new camera! He LOVES new things... I need to be taught!! I can't wait to hear all about your new camera!

Carolyn Vaughn said...

Steph seems to know a lot about cameras and has such good ones. Check with her as well as Consumer Reports available in your local library, usually.

Bacardi Mama said...

I really liked my Canon Powershot A590 before I got my new Nikon D3000.It must be driving you crazy not having your camera. I would be going nuts.

Sarah said...

That sucks! I drop my camera all the time! At least now is the time of year when they're all on sale.

Lisa said...

But now you get a NEW camera! Every time I get a new one, I upgrade. Hopefully that's how it works out for you :)

chrissy said...

I'm sorry about your camera, but I do love the idea of upgrading a camera!!! Mine still works well, but I found one on clearance at walmart, with 15X's optical zoom and 10 mega pixel?? (whatever) better picture, thingy!! I can't bring myself to buy it until my camera is capput!! I hope you enjoy your new camera and have it very soon!