Wednesday, December 2, 2009

# 5 weigh in


I had a great week in spite of having pumpkin and apple pie around. I can honestly say that I didn't overeat on Thanksgiving and only had half pieces of pie instead of a whole piece. I have been weighing on different scales and they all weigh differently. I like my weight watchers digital scale the best because they say I have lost total 7 lbs. since starting. I had my weigh in and measuring at Curves this morning since joining 5 weeks ago. I have lost 8.50 inches and .50% body fat and they show me as losing only 3 lbs. Curves scale is like the doctor scale, always weigh you heavier. I am by no means discouraged. I know I have done very well with my eating and working out in spite of having bronchitis 2 times since starting. I have totally cut out the night eating. I still have the determination to get healthy. I found that the best time for me to go workout is 6 am. instead of after work. I also have my treadmill at the foot of my bed. I am starting to get my waist back that I haven't been able to find for a while. It's a great feeling.

3 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

You are rockin this challenge girl!! I'm so proud of you. Don't go by pounds, go by how you feel in your clothes and how you feel in general. The pounds aren't everything.

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

Wonderful. Wonderful! Wonderful!!! I agree with Nancy to go by how you feel... both in clothing and in your attitude!! You are extraordinary!! I remember my mother-in-law LIVED by the numbers on her scale and I always told her to go by her clothing and how she FELT. Sometimes you know you feel and look great but then those little scale numbers do a REAL number on your confidence and attitude. I honestly can say that I NEVER get on the scale. I am short but when I run and work out I gain a lot of muscle. My girls are like this, too. Muscle weighs A LOT... so it can be very discouraging if your intent is a number on the scale. Especially at Curves, you will be building muscle and toning everything. This can be tricky IN A GOOD WAY!! You are so inspiring!!

Also, thank you so very much for your care and concern during my little illness. It feels so wonderful to see those little messages pop up on my phone when I'm too sick to crawl to my computer!! Much love... !

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.