Monday, December 7, 2009

Great weekend without pictures

You will need to use your imagination until I replace my broken camera. This weekend was filled with grand-daughter, Abby fun. She spent the night on Saturday and we made her first gingerbread house. Well, we cheated a little by getting one already built at Costco, so all we had to do is decorate it. I have built a few kits in my time and this was the best kit for the money. It even came with a tree and extras. Abby is a very early riser, so at 5 am. Sunday morning she was up and ready for scrambled eggs. She wanted to take a bath and put her pretty dress on for church. We had plenty of time to play before getting ready for church. Abby told us that she doesn't want to be a doctor like her daddy wants her to be. She wants to be a princess. She was very serious about this. She also told her Grampa Not to eat her gingerbread house. We laughed, we played, we had a great time of making memories.

4 comments:

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Sounds darling. My granddaughter and I make a chocolate house every year (from an Old Wilton Candy mold I bought on a clearance rack when my own kids were little) Now it has become her tradition to come and spend the night and make our chocolate house, with all kinds of candy trim. I love the time spent with the grandkids, I only have four, and three of them are babies, but having the oldest as a frame of reference of what's to come helps me with my own memory making.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Aw. I didn't know they already had houses that were built!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bacardi Mama said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. We are certainly the luckiest two grandmas around.