Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Christmas message

My Christmas message is to first wish my husband a Merry Christmas. We decided not to exchange gifts with one another this year. The effects of the economy has really hit hard in our household with him being in the Automotive industry. My hubby is a very hard worker and I appreciate him for who he is and putting himself last most of the time. Our family can ALWAYS count on him. He is one of the smartest people I know and I think our daughter, Steph inherited that from him. He is sometimes quiet and a good listener. His dream has always been to be able to afford gifts to take to all of the children in the hospitals at Christmas time. Last Christmas I told him of a family in need and without question, he handed me money to give to that family. This is just the type of Man he is. If he has it, he gives it. I am so thankful this Christmas season to have 35 years of marriage with him. If I had the money I would buy him a brand new truck, that he really needs and has been wanting and is so deserving of. I decided, we don't need gifts because we already have our gift of health and we have each other. My prayer for 2010 is for a prosperous year and the economy turns around for everyone.
Merry Christmas to All my family and friends. I have the best kids and grand kids. God has blessed them with wonderful mates and in-laws.
Let's not forget that Jesus IS the Reason for the Season. Enjoy your celebrations with your family and friends and have a Very Safe and Happy New Year!

Love and Peace to All!
Mimi

6 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

There is such love in this post. You are an inspiration to us all. I wish you and your wonderful family the happiest of Christmas times together and a most prosperous New year. Love you sweet friend!!

Jenny said...

That was beautiful. I hope after 35 years of marriage I feel that same way about my husband!

Anonymous said...

[Mimi's Son In Law a.k.a. Mr. AIB] He is a great guy. He always helps me with my projects around the house since I'm not so handy. We had fun with you all yesterday. We are so blessed. Merry Christmas! Jeff

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

This is a great Christmas message. We've had a wonderful holiday. The best.

Steph

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What a great resource!